Visiting Bhimtal – A Place Of Ancient Legends, Beautiful Lakes, And Dense Forests
Have you heard about the scenic and wondrous lake city of Bhimtal? The not-much-explored crowned jewel of the beautiful Shivalik ranges, Bhimtal is a serene retreat for mountain lovers. Well-known for its religious significance and unbeatable nature views, the place witnesses a fair count of crowds all year round. Little do you know that most people visiting Bhimtal are either hearty travel enthusiasts or ardent devotees. Wondering why? Let’s spill the beans:
The picturesque hill town of Bhimtal is named after Lord Bhima, a legendary mythological character known for his towering strength and valour. To date, the famous Pandava is gracefully worshipped by tonnes of people across the country.
Have you ever enquired about Bhimtal tour packages? If yes, you are aware that a tour of the beautiful and quaint hill valley includes a trip to the famous and sacred Bhimeshwar Mahadev Temple. The ancient temple is truly an architectural gem. Moreover, every year thousands of devotees from the corners of the world drop their anchors only to offer their prayers at the feet of Lord Bheema, the symbol of vigour, no short than the strength of 1000 elephants.
Besides, are you aware of the mystical lore surrounding Bhimtal? According to the local legends, Lord Bhima struck his mace on the ground to bore a freshwater stream for his thirsty wife, Draupadi. Interesting, right? Experience the thrill of the local lore on your holiday in the serene valleys of Bhimtal.
Bhimtal – The next idyllic summer destination
With the summer heat torching in full swing, are you looking for someplace mild and refreshing? How about a trip to Nainital and Bhimtal? The mesmerizing hill stations, nestled in the alpine Kumaon valleys of the Devbhoomi, are undeniably a traveller’s favourite. Do you know why? Well, the perks of lounging and basking in the crisp and cold air of the lake town are simply unreal. What’s more, the delightful mountain town is home to some of the most fascinating and scenic tourist attractions. Are you curious to know about the places you can visit? Keep reading…
1. Picture-perfect lakes – Have you been brooding about a trip to Nainital? Great! Little do you know that Bhimtal is only 23 km from Nainital. The beautiful emerald-green lake is more than just a popular tourist attraction. Explore the joys of fun adventure activities or indulge in a good time boating; the popular Bhimtal Lake is undoubtedly a must-visit.
2. Naina Peak – Do you enjoy a good trekking experience? If yes, hot-footing the marshy trudges of the Naina peak is an unforgettable affair. Pair your adventure with the perks of alpine and picturesque valley views. Brimming with lush greenery and vibrant fauna, and that too, at the cosy foothills of the Himalayas, trekking the heights of the Naina peak is a surreal experience.
3. Victoria Dam – Wondering what’s special about a man-built dam? Well, the stately Victoria Dam is unlike the ordinary. Hence, it makes the cut in Bhimtal tour packages. Constructed in 1891, the 40-feet high Victoria Dam offers the most enchanting nature views of the idyllic valley. It features beautiful terraced gardens embellished with attractive wildflowers.
4. Island Aquarium – Visiting an aquarium might not sound very interesting. However, have you relished the thrills of cruising the deep waters of a lake to drop in at a picturesque island aquarium? Skip-dropping your anchors overseas. The pretty island aquarium in Bhimtal is just as resplendent, if not more. Besides, it also features an exotic mix of fish breeds imported from all corners of the globe.
The island aquarium is unquestionably a must in Bhimtal tour packages.
5. Tiffin Top – If you are in no rush to expedite your travel plans, driving up to the magical hill point, also known as the Tiffin Top, is a great idea. Famously known as ‘Dorothy’s Seat,’ the beautiful place stationed at almost 2300 feet is simply soul-touching. The place was first built by Colonel J.P. Kellet, a British Army officer of his time.
However, do you know why the Ayarpatta hilltop is called the ‘Tiffin Top?’ Well, long back, people, especially those working their day jobs, would head over to the hills for their lunch. Since then, Tiffin Top has been a must-inclusion in a traveller’s itinerary, whether you are on a trip to Nainital or exploring the serene valleys of Bhimtal.
By: Ansul Kumar
Speaking of a vacation in Bhimtal, aren’t you curious to learn about the best resorts in Bhimtal? Lounging away in the best and premium resorts ensure that your holiday is a comfortable, enjoyable, and experiential affair. In Bhimtal, though, finding magnificent and luxurious accommodation options could be tricky. However, Resorts By The Baagh is one of the stellar resorts in Bhimtal. Swish and modern, the resort offers the best stays for tourists looking for a relaxing and indulgent experience. So, why wait? Enquire about Bhimtal tour packages and schedule your visit today.